Obama told Netanyahu of plan on Syria before public announcement: Officials

Image

Top Israeli officials say US President Barack Obama has secretly told Israeli Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu about his plan on Syria prior to a public announcement. Watch video

EU cuts supply to Egyptian army

Image

click to watch video

The EU’s Foreign Ministers broke away from their summer breaks to convene this emergency meeting in Brussels. The crisis in Egypt was the only item on the agenda and the matter was discussed for three hours. The 28 member states unanimously agreed that humanitarian aid from the EU to Egypt should continue but any potential support for the Egyptian army will cease immediately. Watch video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hE4p6tQuok

Israel fires missile into Syria

Image

click to watch video

According to the Israeli military, the mortars, which exploded in a field, caused no damage or injuries. It also said it was likely stray fire. The UN has been informed of the mortar landings.

Dozens of errant mortar shells have landed in the Israeli territory since the Syria unrest began in 2011. Israel has filed a complaint with the UN peacekeeping forces in the Golan, asking them to end the cross-border shelling. Israel has also shot back occasional missiles at Syrian army positions in response to errant mortar fire.

Last month, Israeli Minister for Military Affairs Moshe Ya’alon warned that Israel will not hesitate to respond to fire with fire. “Once attacks from Syria endanger us or violate our sovereignty, we will identify the source of fire and destroy it,” Ya’alon said.

The occupied Golan has been tense since the beginning of the conflict in Syria more than two years ago, and clashes behind the cease-fire line have prompted an occasional Israeli response every now and then. Israel has been technically at war with Syria, since the 1967 Six-Day War and it seems that Tel Aviv is fighting a proxy war inside Syria using the insurgents. Watch video

Nasrallah blames Takfiri groups for deadly Beirut car bomb attack

Image

Click to watch video

Hezbollah Secretary-General Seyyed Hassan Nasrallah has blamed Takfiri groups for a car bomb attack which left 24 people dead in southern Beirut.Addressing thousands of Hezbollah supporters on the occasion of the end of the group’s 33-day 2006 war with Israel in the southern village of Aita al-Shaab, Nasrallah said on Friday that according to investigations carried out by the resistance movement, Takfiri groups are behind the recent deadly attacks in Lebanon. Watch video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7_-Yk0yYwI

Israel reportedly preparing for war with Lebanon’s Hezbollah Movement – YouTube

wpressviewer

Watch video

Israeli forces have just ended a full-scale combat drill mobilizing troops to an area in the Northern Occupied Palestinian territories.

The drills included tanks, artillery units as well as Sky Rider Units made up of Artillery Corps soldiers who operate drones to back up ground offensives. 

This drill comes as Israeli officials are watching with grave concern the improvement of Hezbollah’s military proficiency which was demonstrated in the resistance group’s battle against foreign-backed Takfiri militants in Syria. 

According to Israeli officials the Lebanese Resistance Movement has learned to operate on large ground frameworks, and its fighters have become dexterous in the use of advanced weapons. The movement has also proved that it is capable of carrying out a systematic ground campaign displaying a military-like approach. 

All this has led the chief of the Israeli regime’s artillery force to admit that “Hezbollah’s involvement in the war on Syria has not disrupted its preparedness for a war with Israel but has rather bolstered its defense capabilities.” 

According to some recent Israeli reports, any future attack on Lebanon will see Hezbollah inflicting large-scale devastation on the Israeli regime and its infrastructure. 

Israelis believe that Hezbollah is capable of firing 1200 rockets of different models on Occupied Palestinian territories every day if violence erupts. It’s also said that the resistance movement has the ability to target Israeli oil and gas facilities in case of a war. 

Hezbollah Secretary General – Sayyed Hassan Nasr-Allah – had repeatedly said that the resistanec group is capable of going beyond enemy lines and seizing strategic areas within the Occupied Palestinian territories. 

Though tensions seem to be simmering on both sides of the blue line, observers argue that the Israeli regime’s belief in a blitz that will render it victorious is out of the question at the moment. The Israeli regime sees Hezbollah’s might as a deterrent force holding it back.

http://www.presstv.ir/

via Israel reportedly preparing for war with Lebanon’s Hezbollah Movement – YouTube.

New Israeli settlement plan could imperil US-brokered talks

Watch video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lThcKMNrO2M

Israeli authorities are implementing their decision to build a new Jewish neighborhood on the occupied Palestinian land in Jabal Mukaber, South East of Jerusalem al-Quds.

Israel’s Housing Minister, Uri Ariel and Jerusalem Mayor, Nir Barkat plan to attend a ceremony to lay the foundation stone of these illegal settlements.

About 160 new housing units there have already been sold to Jewish settlers. These are in addition to 1000 new units in Palestinian neighborhoods throughout Jerusalem al-Quds. This building activity comes against the backdrop of municipal elections in Israel, where, by attending the ceremony the Mayer is attempting to win the votes of the ultra-religious and right wing extreme settlers living in the area.

Palestinian Activist Salah al-Khawajeh explained that the expansion of the settlements in the South East of Jerusalem al-Qdus is part of a greater strategy to annex the illegal settlements from Bethlehem, which is inside the 1967 green line, to Jerusalem al-Quds.

This will be the first full construction of a settlement since Washington announced resumption of direct talks between the Israelis and Palestinians with an initial deadline of 9 months. However, the Palestinian Authority has stated that they would not relinquish their pre-conditions of a complete freeze of settlement expansion particularly within the 1967 boundaries.

Settlements are illegal under international law and the fourth Geneva Convention although Israel considers occupied territories gained since 1967 to be exempt from this law.

Palestinian human rights groups say the laying down of foundation stone of yet another illegal settlement will put a nail in the coffin of negotiations with Israelis. They are calling for Israel to no longer have legitimacy through the talks but to be taken to the International Criminal Court for these crimes.

Watch video.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lThcKMNrO2M

Crisis in Egypt leaves more Gazans stranded

click to watch video

click to watch video

As the political turmoil continues in Egypt, the number of people crossing between the Gaza Strip and Egypt continues to decline.

Now less than a hundred people are allowed to leave the tiny coastal enclave through the Rafah crossing compared to nearly 1500 people prior to the ouster of Egyptian President Mohammad Morsi.

Egyptian authorities also allow a maximum of two busloads of travelers to reach the Gaza Strip on a daily basis.

The situation is negatively affecting the people of Gaza especially students and patients.

There are hundreds of chronic patients in Gaza in need for urgent medical attention abroad due to lack of the necessary treatment in Gaza.

In mid-July Egypt temporarily reopened the Rafah crossing but thousands are still stranded in both sides of the Rafah crossing as the number of people allowed to leave Gaza has been declining day in and day out.

People were also dissatisfied by the treatment they receive at the Egyptian side of the Rafah crossing.

With the Holy month of Ramadan drawing to an end the number of people who would want to travel is likely to increase.

Palestinians in the Gaza Strip say there is no end in sight to their suffering amid the escalating political tensions in Egypt. Rafah crossing is the besieged Gaza’s only gateway to the outside world bypassing Israel.

Watch video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzJSY5BACEo