The party’s leadership has informed the Syrian Government and friends that the mission of protecting the Lebanese in Syria and towns inside Lebanon from any attack is “almost accomplished,” and Hezbollah will suspend its military operations in Syria after securing the Damascus suburb of Zabadani which have faced massive rocket attacks by Rebels. The Central News Agency reported on Saturday.
Hezbollah chief Sayyed Hassan Nasrallah had previously justified the group’s involvement in Syria by saying they were defending Lebanese-inhabited border villages inside Syria and Shiite holy sites in the Damascus province. Sources stated. Hezbollah is Aware of The Syrian Armys Ability to Win the war by itself,and “It is not in the party’s interest to engage in a war in Syria’s heart (against rebels) as the Syrian army is capable of winning it,” the sources added.
- Syrian army retakes town of Qusair (bbc.co.uk)
- Syrian government forces retake key town of Qusair (cbsnews.com)
- Hezbollah applies new training practices in Syria (dailystar.com.lb)
- Israel Is Losing Its Battle in Syria (dissidentvoice.org)
- Hezbollah denies fighters captured by rebels (dailystar.com.lb)