UK and France’s compulsion to lift the EU arms embargo will only lead to further bloodshed, and any weapons exports may fall into the hands of extremists, British journalist Neil Clark tells RT.
The more weapons they send to Syria, the greater the danger they will be used to strike against their own citizens and across the world, he explains.
Britain and France’s lone push to end the arms embargo on Syria is not conducive to a peaceful resolution of the Syrian conflict and preparations for negotiations cannot come with the condition of Assad’s resignation. A drive for peace in the region shouldn’t be decided based on an immediate change of government, especially one which still has a strong support base within the country.
Watch video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-hGh7SgkA9Y
- UK govt lining up with Islamist radicals in Syria (disclose.tv)
- ‘UK govt lining up with Islamist radicals in Syria’ (rt.com)
- EU foreign ministers split on Syria arms embargo (irishtimes.com)
- UK government now openly funding Al Qaeda to take over Syria (hangthebankers.com)
- EU lifts arms embargo on Syrian rebels – live updates – The Guardian (guardian.co.uk)