Three new suspects taken into custody in Boston Marathon bombing case

Image

Three new suspects in the Boston Marathon bombing case have been taken into custody, the city’s police department announced Wednesday morning.

From their official Twitter account, the Boston Police Department confirmed just after 11 a.m. local time that three suspects have been detained by authorities in regards to the terrorist attack earlier this month.

According to a police source speaking anonymously with the Boston Globe, the latest suspects are college students who attended the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth with Dzhokhar Tsarnaev, the 19-year-old accused bomber who could face the death penalty if convinced for his alleged role in the bombing.

Right after the Boston bombings, two of Dzokhar Tsarnaev’s college friends, Azamat Tazhayakov and Dias Kadyrbayev — both from Kazakhstan — were arrested by immigration authorities. According to Reuters, now they will face federal charges.

A source speaking to NBC claimed that the suspects were roommates of Tsarnaev at UMass-Dartmouth, and local ABC affiliate WCVB-TV said they are alleged to have helped Tsarnaev and his brother remove objects from a campus dormitory after the terrorist attack.

Citing a lawyer who was brief on the case early Wednesday, WCVB said the latest details in the Boston Marathon bombing case involves the three suspects “disposing of a backpack full of fireworks that was in Tsarnaev’s dorm room, done at the request of Tsarnaev sometime after the bombing.”

WCVB added that the students have been questioned in the past over alleged immigration violations, and NBC has identified the suspects as natives of Kazakhstan. According to some outlets, two of the three suspects were in custody at the time the police confirmed their possible role in the bombing on Wednesday, although law enforcement has yet to officially confirm any details other than three men have been detained.

A police source speaking to the Globe said authorities believe two of the suspects may have helped the accused bomber after the April 15 terrorist attack and are expected to be charged with obstruction of justice and making false statements.

A detailed police statement is still forthcoming, but before 12 noon on Wednesday the department tweeted that there is no threat to public safety at this time in regards to the attack. NBC News reports that the three suspects are all in federal custody.

Massachusetts Governor Deval Patrick weighed in midday Wednesday to say the three suspects would be arraigned in Boston later in the afternoon.

Dzhokhar Tsarnaev was apprehended by police days after the attack and has been charged with using a weapon of mass destruction. His brother, 26-year-old Tamerlan Tsarnaev, is also believed to have detonated improvised explosives at the Boston Marathon earlier this month but died days later after engaging in a gun fight with police. Three people and more than 260 were injured during the April 15 tragedy.

Details in the story are still developing.

http://on.rt.com/xu5c1h.

music by
http://sonnyboo.com/downloads/video.htm

 

Advertisements

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s